Our next Cultural Cuisine takes us to Telly's Taverna, a delicious Greek restaurant in Astoria, Queens! We will be having dinner in a local neighborhood known for being home to authentic restaurants of many cultural backgrounds. Greek cooking is one of the original "fusion" cuisines due to the country's historic geographical expansions; it was influenced by the Romans, Venetians, Balkans, Turks, Slavs, and even the British! Don't miss out on this culinary adventure to another NYC Borough!
This menu has been specifically designed for One To World guests.
Appetizers (Family Style)
- Greek Salad (vegetarian): Mixed greens with tomato, cucumber, onions, feta cheese, extra virgin Greek olive oil, oregano oil, and red wine vinegar
- Mixed Vegetables (vegetarian): Pan fried zucchini (courgettes), eggplants, and bell peppers
Entrees (Choose One)
- Spanakopita (vegetarian): Greek savory pastry with flaky phyllo dough filled with chopped spinach, feta cheese, onions, eggs, and other seasoning
- Chicken Slouvaki*: Chicken breast, served with with tomatoes, peppers, and onions
- Bakalariaka*: Pan fried and lightly floured whiting fish, cooked with extra virgin Greek olive oil, and lemon juice
- Chicken Kebab*: Chicken skewered with extra virgin Greek olive oil, oregano oil, lemon juice, served with a side of vegetables
*entree served with a side of fried potatoes
Dessert (Family Style)
- Loucoumades: Greek honey dough balls, deeply fried, and sprinkled with cinnamon
Date: Thursday, March 22nd
Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (approximately)
Location: Telly's Taverna, 28-13 23rd Ave, Astoria, NY 11105
Cost:* $25 (includes meal, tax & tip)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 21st
Contact: Estelle Kembola, Enrichment Programs Global Fellow, here or at (212) 431-1195 ext. 33
*All program fees are non-refundable.