- One To World's Global Classroom program trains international university students & Fulbright scholars to be Global Guides in public schools and after-schools throughout New York City, where you can lead interactive workshops about world cultures and global issues. As a Global Guide you will learn to design workshops through the training and mentorship of Global Classroom staff. A Global Classroom staff member also joins you in the classroom to support and co-facilitate your workshop.
Mandatory Free Training (once you've been accepted):
Our training will introduce you to Global Classroom and give you an opportunity to:
- Learn about NYC schools and after-schools.
- Develop part of a workshop about your home country & culture.
- Practice your public speaking and teaching skills in a supportive environment.
- Meet other international students!
To start the application process, please note the following:
- If you have attended a Global Guide training in the past, you do not have to apply again. You only have to attend one training to serve as a Global Guide.
- If your application is accepted, you must attend a mandatory training.
- Space is limited and unfortunately we cannot accept everyone who has submitted an application, therefore completing the application does not ensure that you will be able to participate in Global Classroom.
“This was such a rewarding experience because I had an opportunity to interact with American students and to understand their perspective about the U.S. and about my country. Global Classroom builds bridges between different cultures and as an international student, I am proud of my culture and eager to share that with U.S. students to help break down stereotypes.” - Former Global Guide
Contact: Marissa Munn, Director of Global Classroom, at email@example.com or 212-431-1195 ext. 22
Application: Click HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 23rd (We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as we will start accepting strong applicants in early January.)
Global Classroom Spring Training: Saturday, January 28th from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
You can find more information about Global Classroom HERE.