Throughout the academic year One To World offers international students & scholars a variety of opportunities to spend quality time--one day or a full weekend--with an American host family. One To World's Community Visits take place in and outside of New York City and offer participants an opportunity to experience "real" American family life and culture. In turn, participants share their country & culture with American families eager to learn about the world.
Here is a sampling of One To World's Community Visit program offerings:
- Discover New York: A Day Visit with a "Real" New Yorker
- United Nations Weekend in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
- Thanksgiving Weekend in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Thanksgiving Day in Westchester, New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Celebrating African-American Heritage in Bushwick, Brooklyn
- Easter in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
For information about One To World's upcoming Community Visits, check out our Program Calendar or contact us here.
One To World Walks
With experienced guides, One To World's monthly walking tours are designed to get you off campus and into NYC's diverse neighborhoods across the five boroughs! One To World Walks are a great way to meet other students from around the world, make new friends and explore New York City's many hidden corners.
One To World Walks highlights have included:
- Discover Harlem!
- Chinese New Year in Chinatown
- Historical Hoboken
- Hooked on Red Hook, Brooklyn
- MultiEthnic Eating Tour
- East Village "Grunge" Tour
- Industry Art in Long Island City, Queens
For information about upcoming One To World Walks, visit our Program Calendar or contact us here.